Korean Kitty

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Chuseok - Part 2 - Monday

I know...this has been long in coming, sorry about that.

Monday:

Beth, Liz, Alicia, and I decided to check out Dongdaemun market. We didn't know for sure how many people there would be there, or how many street vendors would be selling stuff, since it was the day before Chuseok. Luckily, things worked out for us. There were quite a few street vendors still there, and hardly any tourists. We wandered around the market for a while until we came to Dongdaemun stadium (a soccer stadium) where they were having a flea market!!! It was great, a ton of vendors had things set up. I purchased a poster to hang on my bare walls. After spending about an hour and a half there, we decided to move on.

We went to Hyehwa arts district to see what it was like. Immediately as we exited the subway, we could hear music being played. There was an ampitheater with a guy playing the guitar in it. We sat on a beneath a tree and listened to him play for a while. Then we decided to check out more of the Hyehwa district. Once we left the park, we didn't run into any other people!! It was crazy...downtown Seoul, a city with a population of 13 million people and we walked about 4 blocks hardly seeing anyone else. The good thing about that, however, is that Beth and Liz got the opportunity to "borrow" RENT posters that were hanging.

After Hyehwa, we headed back to the Sinchon area--near our hotel. We decided to hit up Starbucks for a little caffeine. I got a yummy croque monsieur (french grilled ham and cheese sandwich) and drank a little coffee. Unknown to me, we were then going to go out to dinner. Had I known this, I wouldn't have eaten the grilled ham and cheese, but anyways, we then began our search for a restaurant. We finally settled on "The Happy Table." I split chicken fajitas with Beth. The Happy Table had a lot of different pasta meals, and fajitas... a random combination of foods, but it was very good. Of course, we did a little shopping on the way to the restaurant. My new favorite stores are The Face Shop and Missha which both sell about the same things... but I love them anyway.

Then it was time to head back to the hotel--for another early night, after the exhaustion of the day.

~~and now it's time for class for me... more later ~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home