Korean Kitty

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Winter break!

Well, winter break in Korea has officially begun. My school decided this year that they weren't going to hold a camp. Luckily, my friend Jaclyn's (the one who dressed up as me for Halloween) school decided they could afford to hire a 2nd native speaker for their camp. So, all of this week I've been teaching at Jaclyn's all-boys middle school. Things are going pretty well, the only downfall is that I live about an hour away from Jaclyn's school, so that means I've been staying with her. Neither of us have a had a roommate in over a year, needless to say, neither of us have never had to share a bed w/our roommate either! It's been going pretty well though. I sleep here (at J's) Sunday and Monday nights. I go home Tuesday after Taekwondo to make sure my apartment is still standing and that my pipes aren't frozen. Wednesday I don't teach because I thought I would like 1 day off during the week...and some time at home^^ Wednesday nights and Thursday nights I sleep at J's and then Friday after camp I plan on going home.

Camp is from 9-12 every morning. There are 2 classes. I teach each class for 70 minutes. My theme is "Harry Potter." Each class has 15 boys in it and they speak excellent English.

Today we ordered Dominos and spent the evening "planning" my lesson for tomorrow by watching "Harry Potter 3." I'm showing the Boggart scene to my kids then making them write about what most scares them and how they would change it to make it funny--- yeah, I'm an awesome teacher, aren't I.

Oh...I forgot to mention our Vietnam Visa problems. So...American's need a Visa to enter Vietnam (you don't if you are visiting Korea though ). We dropped our visa information off at the travel agent Dec. 28th. My friend Andy called there yesterday to see if he could pick up our finished passports only to find out that the travel agent sent them in YESTERDAY! It takes 6 business days to process and mail it back! That means the earliest we will be getting our passports back is next Wednesday (WE LEAVE NEXT SATURDAY). So, Andy has started freaking out that we aren't going to get our visas and our passports in time. And while that may be the case, I have decided just to go with the flow, considering there's nothing we can do about it anyways.

Well...I think that's all the updates for now!

Annyeong!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home