Korean Kitty

Saturday, September 03, 2005

An evening with co-workers

Today some of the teachers at my school and I got together to hang out. I met them at 1:30 at school. From school we walked to the new movie theater in Osan. It is a fairly nice theater, though small. Outside the movie theater is a New York Hot Dog restaurant, so if I ever need a chili dog, I know where to go now^^ We saw After the Sunset with Pierce Brosnan and Selma Hayek. I wasn't very impressed with the movie. The picture below is the teachers, one of our students, and me. From left to right: Go Yoon-Mi (Home Economics), Nam Hyeon-Ju (one of my English co-teachers), me, Hong Mi-Jeong (Chemistry), Im Hye-Jin (another one of my co-teachers) and one of our students that we ran into. After the movie we decided to go over to the Home Economics teacher's apartment. We stopped at the grocery store on the way and picked up some food for dinner and beer!!! After eating the food we had bought and drinking our first bottle of beer, we decided to order some spicy chicken and more beer! So, the restaurant delievered the spicy chicken and 2 more bottles of beer. This lasted us a little while longer, but another beer run was still necessary. Im Hye-Jin and Hong Mi-Jeong decided to go on a beer run! They came back with one more bottle and a bottle of flower flavored soju. The flower flavored soju was actually quite tasty. But we drank all of that in under 10 minutes (there were 4 of us), so the home economics teacher and I ran on the next beer run and brought back 4 bottles of MGD and 2 more big bottles of Korean beer. By 11 we had drank all of that and decided to call it a night. One of the Chemistry teacher's friends drove to Osan to give us all rides home, so I didn't even have to take a cab! It was a very interesting night and one of the first times I've gotten to hang out with teachers outside of school. By the end of the evening everyone was conversing in English rather well even. I was very impressed! The picture to the left is me, Go Yoon-Mi (home ec) and Im Hye-Jin (my co-teacher).

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home