Korean Kitty

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Another day at school

Well, today wasn't very interesting. I went to school (I start at 8:50am). I had my 4 classes of the day and a class that I teach to 6 other teachers at my school. In my 3 first grade classes, we went over worksheets on self-introductions, which was very interesting to me -- most of the boys play Starcraft, so I've gotten used to spelling craft for them. The female students all like to play Tetris... which I thought was rather interesting. In my 2nd grade class we are also working on self-introductions, though I don't give them a worksheet... they have to write it on their own. This is also very entertaining 'cause they often like to ask me for translations from the Korean word, which I can't do, so they have to act out what they are trying to say. Makes for interesting times.

My teachers class is going well. Today we went over travelling... where they have been, where they want to go, etc. It was very informational for me, as some of them have gone to places that I want to go to. Tomorrow we are discussing foods. Hopefully I learn the names in Korean for some of the foods I have been eating! I'm showing them pictures of traditional American food, like pot roast, meatloaf... more than just hamburgers!

During one of my classes a student brought me an entire plate of traditional Korean candy. I use the term candy losely, 'cause I dont really like the way it tastes. It's called Duk and it's made from rice. The ones they gave me had some sort of sweet sesame seed filling... I put a picture of it up on my photo website (just look for todays date).

It rained for most of the day. This actually sucked, I forgot to bring an umbrella to school, so I had to walk home in the rain (luckily its only about a 10 minute walk to my apartment from my school).

I had leftovers for dinner -- nothing exciting there.

Once I got home, I watched a really awesome show on one of the Korean channels (MBC-ESPN). It was an athletic type of show. Two teams, each having to do really crazy athletic things. They had to do a dance, jump-rope push-ups and some stretching contests. The thing that made it really amusing was that 1 team was a bunch of older Korean men and the other team was mostly young Korean women. You can guess who won all the of stretching contests.

Well... CSI isn't on tonight (I normally get to watch 2 hours of CSI every night... CSI Miami and CSI Las Vegas), so hopefully I get some more work done on my blog. Have a good one!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home