Korean Kitty

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Busan - Day 1

Well, Spring Break has officially started for me! I'm in Busan with Beth, here's what happened our first day...

Today Beth and I headed to Busan. I got to Suwon train station at 1:20pm. I headed to the ATM, then I went to get our tickets. We got 2 first class tickets for the 1:50pm express train to Busan. Beth got to the station at 1:43 and we headed straight on the train.

Beth was coming from the Yongsan army base, so she brought me Taco Bell!!!! ^__^ I got a supreme chalupa, beef burrito and soft shell taco, all of which I savored. It was fantastic and the first time I'd have TB in almost 6 months!

The train ride was uneventful. We got to Busan Station at around 6:10pm. Then we went to the subway station, had a little trouble buying tickets but got help from a very nice Korean woman and headed on our way to Haeundae Beach.

It's still cold here, which is disappointing. Once we got to the station, we went to find a hotel. We ended up staying in a love hotel named "Valenintes." The room is decent, but the bed is round. It also has 2 showers (one doubles as a steam shower), which is a little weird, but whatever it's only 30,000 Won a night (about $28).

Then Beth and I went to dinner. We wandered around for a while until we found a restaurant. Since it was a Sunday night and during the off-season here at the beach, many places were closed. We ended up eating spicy chicken and rice which was very delicious.

Then we got ice cream. My ice cream had pop rocks in it!!! I LOVE POP ROCKS!!!!

After that we went to find a bar. The whole off-season, Sunday night thing made it suck, plus it was cold. We didn't get very far in our search before we opted to buy a bottle of Windsor at a Family Mart (with some coke) and watch movies back at our hotel. We watched "Boondock Saints" and made it in early evening, but all in all, it was an eventful day!

~~Elissa~~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home